Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
Counselling and psychotherapy is a wonderful process of discovery, authenticity, self-compassion, change, healing, growth and hope.
I approach this meaningful process using elements, tools and strategies from CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), meditation & mindfulness, self-compassion, DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy), and hypnosis (if desired).
My approach is:
• Personalized and client-centred. It is about you and what you hope to achieve. It allows for a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space to express, work through, feel, think, plan, discover, heal and hope.
• Goal directed – building on what is going well and moving towards your hopes, goals and vision.
• Strengths focused. You already have everything you need within you to move forward, heal, and achieve your goals. You just need to recognize it, tap into it and build on it.
• Action-oriented. Spend time and energy on this process. Listen to your inner voice and take action. What you put in will come back to you tenfold.
• Flexible. There are many effective tools and techniques that can be successfully used. One tool, hypnosis, is one available option as part of counselling and psychotherapy that can help you to visualize goals, increase awareness and insights and make changes more rapidly and easily. Self-hypnosis is an effective life-long skill that is easy to learn so you can use on your own.